The Board of Directors for the Dane County Deputy Sheriff’s Association (DCDSA) has established the following criteria to assist the Cops for Kids (CFK) committee in determining whether or not a grant will be approved. However, each grant request will be considered on its own merits on a case-by-case basis with the committee reserving the right to approve or deny any request.
The grants will be administered to individual students to assist with the following, but are not limited to:
- Supplies for school
- Needed clothing
- Field trips
- Private tutoring or lessons for gifted or educationally disabled students
- Privately owned or rental of athletic or musical equipment
- Other needs approved by the CFK grant committee
- We will NOT fund anything related to driver’s education, vehicles, or summer camps
The CFK grant committee will require the following information be provided:
- Purpose of the grant and cost
- Continuing obligation or one-time allotment
- No other financial resources available, either through the family, school, or any other agency, to assist the student
- Name, address, and contact phone of parents and recipient of grant (confidentiality maintained).
- Name of administrator/counselor/social worker/teacher requesting the grant, and who will be responsible for its administration at the school level. The check will be made out to this person on behalf of the student. We will not make checks out to the child or parents.
- The CFK committee meets on the 1st Thursday of every month. CFK grant requests must be in prior to this timeframe to be considered for that month. Emergency requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Grants will have no set limits; however, when the allocation is expended, we will either discontinue the program for the school year, or re-evaluate funding
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE A GRANT REQUEST